Saturday, June 7, 2008

Farmers Market with girlfriends

I don't know about any of you, but I would need to find a girlfriend or two to make the trek to a local farmers market. My husband would rather be either watching golf from our sofa or out at the driving range then walk around a farmers market. I think they are a lot of fun and I always feel like I am not only supporting the local community but I feel pretty healthy too. :)

I googled Miami Farmers Markets and found a few of interest. One is called Robert is Here. It is located down in Homestead, FL about 45 minutes from my house. So it is a commitment to go but it think worth it. http://www.robertishere.com/

Another option (a little closer to my area of town) is the Coconut Grove Organic Farmers Market. It sounds a little more formal but I think worth the trip over there on a Saturday morning. http://www.glaserorganicfarms.com/Pages/Market%20Pages/Market%20Pages.htm

I am looking forward to calling a few friends next weekend to try one of these out.
I am excited!

No comments: