Thursday, June 12, 2008

breastfeeding in public?


I knew if I was going to breastfeed more than a few weeks I needed a way to feel comfortable out in public. I was not going to be tied to my house every three hours in order to nurse Erik. One day, out on Lincoln Road on South Beach I noticed a gal with a beautiful wrap on nursing her baby. So the next day I started researching cover ups and found the best website.
http://www.bebeaulait.com/ Yup, Bebe au Lait nursing covers for Chic Mothers.
And man did I feel chic alright--hip, swanky whatever term you choose.
It also felt liberating to know I could be out at a restaurant, in the park, at the mall or at the airport and feed my little boy with no problem. Believe me I have fed Erik at every one of those spots so I feel like a pro. :)


Above is a picture of my sister Katy and I being chic, hip moms with the BebeAuLait nursing cover.

No comments: