Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Travel tips

Erik and I have driven to Orlando and flown to Denver so far. I thought I would share a few tips I found to be helpful during our trips. It takes about 4 hours to travel up to Orlando from Miami. Scott and I took turns driving and sitting in the back to entertain Erik. We also stopped half way so I could feed him. Erik slept in the Graco Pack and Play swaddled like we do at home. We also brought plenty of diapers, wipes, toys and baby shampoo/body wash.


At the Miami airport I checked the suitcase Erik and I shared and had the diaper bag, car seat, snap and go stroller and baby bjorn. In order to get through security I had to carry Erik through while all the gear went through the scanner. So make sure you are organized and have your purse, clear plastic bag of lipsticks, shoes, jacket and belt all ready to go in the bucket next to your diaper bag. After security and we had a chance to get everything back in order I made sure to change him before boarding the plane. Also at the last minute we were able to bring on the car seat so make sure you ask if there is an extra seat available to do that. Feel free to take your stroller all the way to the plane and they will gate check it for you.
Once we were on the plane, I nursed him when we took off and again as we started our decent. That seemed to help with the change in cabin pressure. I did have to change him once and thank God we were on a plane with a pull down changing table. If you are on a plane without one, the best way is to lay him on the top of the toilet seat and change him at record speed. :)
Hope these tips help and happy traveling!!

No comments: