Saturday, July 5, 2008

Run like the wind


I was talking to a friend the other day about the importance of good running shoes. If we are going to get back into shape, a reliable and knowledgeable store to buy running shoes is very important. There are a couple I would suggest. I have had good luck with Footworks in South Miami. They are knowledgeable and very convenient. I believe they have a shoe sale every January if you can time your need for a new pair. They also have sponsored runs in the neighborhood Monday and Thursday nights at 6:30pm for everyone from the beginner (run one minute and walk one minute) to the avid runner (run five minutes and walk one). The route is about 3.8 miles and is a great way to meet other runners in the area.

The other suggestion I have is further south in Pinecrest called Runners High. If you are like me and have weird feet and a gait that looks worse, this place is right for you. When you visit Runners High, they will put you on a treadmill and watch you walk/run so they can fit you with the best shoe for you.

It looks like the next Footworks Miami event is a 5k October 23. Would anyone like to join me?

No comments: